Friday, February 22, 2008

Cramps and Valentine's

I'm the one with the massive cramps, but somehow Muffin spend most of the time on the heating pad!! Silly kitty!!!
I got this idea from Emily athttp://emilygiovanni.com/ she melted crayons and made crayon muffins. Well I got the little heart tins from the $store and made skinny crayon hearts to give to my students for Valentine's Day! Emily suggested using Crayola's I believe she said the other cheaper brands didn't melt as well. So I took her advice and used a few weeks worth of Michael's coupons to get enough crayons! I would say I used 4-5 crayons per heart, I am rather impatient so I set the oven at 500 and it took about 3-4 minutes to melt them, then you put them in the freezer and take out when they are done!! Super fun! I might do it again for Easter if I can find egg shaped tins!

3 Comments:

Blogger emilymomto3boys said...

They turned out great!

February 25, 2008 at 10:58:00 AM EST  
Blogger Lauren said...

These are so cute. Too clever. Muffin is adorable.

February 29, 2008 at 10:15:00 AM EST  
Blogger Lori Barnett said...

What a great idea! That has WAY LESS sugar than a piece of heart shaped candy! LOL I have LOTS of grandkids...and this would be a cute thing to do and give to them. Plus I have boxes of crayons!! Perfect!!

March 5, 2008 at 9:11:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home